Saturday, July 08, 2006

Sooperman Returns

I'm not afraid to admit it: I was sooo excited for the Return of Superman, and I wasn't disappointed. I've seen it twice. I don't see half of the movies in the theater that I'd like to these days, so seeing one twice is a big deal for me now. I personally loved how it paid homage to the Richard Donner/Christopher Reeves film(s), picking up where they left off.

Anyway, I'll be seeing the new Pirates of the Caribbean movie tomorrow so I figured I better get the Superman bug out of my system. I've always found it quite difficult to draw Superman. He has so much presence as a character that it's quite difficult to capture properly for me in a drawing. Some artists were born to draw Superman - I was not one of them. I will continue to try, however. Every once in awhile, no matter what else is going on, I just have to draw the Man of Steel. The new movie, of course, is the perfect excuse.

I drew these a couple of days ago and already I'm not happy with them, so if I don't post them now they'll never get posted. I like the head shot but even that is missing some intangible something in my humble opinion. I'll just have to keep trying...

Happy drawing, matey. Aaarrggh.




No comments: