Saturday, July 31, 2010

2010 Sketchbook

I got this thing done this past spring for Chicago's C2E2 comic convention. Since then they've been sitting in my office waiting for me to get a storefront up on my website. Well, it's finally done. It wasn't even difficult. I felt slightly not-stupid for being able to figure it out and get it done, but slightly stupid for waiting so long.

So anyway, if you have any money left after SDCC, and have an interest, head on over to my website here and pick up a copy.

It's sixty pages of black and white work covering stuff done in the past ten to twelve years. The majority of the drawings have been redone this year to bring them up to my current level of skill (or lack thereof). They are mostly done with Photoshop and my Wacom Cintiq. Here are a few pages giving you an idea of what's inside. They're flying off the shelves like sleeping turtles, so hurry!

Yeah, I know. I'm not famous. I'm not even moderately famous. I am full blown unknown in the world of comics - well, in the world of everything really - but one day, when that's all different, this first volume will become invaluable. Just think about that. Granted, all of us might be long dead, but your great great great grandchildren will love you for what you've left them and they'll think of you when they're smiling to the cameras on "Antiques Road Show". And yes, for some reason I think that show will still be around then. Hopefully our frozen heads will be able to lean back, relax, and still watch it.

No comments: