Monday, June 09, 2008

Grinding it Out

Sometimes there's just not any room left for those fun little side projects that help to satisfy the soul. Those times can be stressful and can take their toll on any 'commercial' artist, but that's the way life works and when you arrive at one of those places you've just got to hunker down and weather them. I try to find something in each job I do for me to enjoy. It's not always easy, but I do what I can. And if it's too hard? And I get all stressed out? And start acting like a moron? That's where my wife steps in and lets me know just how moronic, stressed out, and difficult I'm being. Then she scratches my back and makes me a snack and the world is set right again. I'm probably overdue to buy her some flowers...



So here's some of the current non-soul-satisfying-but-pays-the-bills work that I'm zinging through with grace and ease (hahaha!)

3 comments:

Urban Barbarian said...

Damn, you're good!

Matt said...

I don't know, man you make this stuff look easy! I could never do it this clean with this much realism.

Michael Penick said...

Thanks guys. This particular job is a never ending one, so it's wearing me down. There's like 90 frames total here and I'm only about half way done. OK, let me wipe the tears away and get back to it.